Sunday, May 25, 2008

Stim Check In...

Went in for my first stim check in yesterday morning, drew my blood and I was out. After we went to the brown bag cafe in Kirkland, since it was Saturday and we were up and out the door by 8am.

I got a call later in the afternoon and my nurse told me she needed to keep my stim drug levels high; and I was to take more follistim (right now!!!) and then keep my high dose (225) for the evening shot for the next few days.

To me I think this means I'm not stimulating as fast as they thought I would. I go in again tomorrow for blood work and an ultrasound. I'll ask the questions about what this all means then.

I just checked online and my estradiol levels went up significantly in 3 days. I was at <25.> shot is the worst one so far. The dosage is so large that it takes forever to push it all in, and hurts when we're doing it. I can't wait until my dose is lower and it hurts less. I'm also noticeably achy all over after, my head/back/stomach all hurt almost immediately after the injection. I need to take it easy after the shot, we have been doing something right after and I think I just need to be alone until I feel better. I'm tired of the shots and feeling icky but it's all for a good cause...

More later...

2 comments:

melanie said...

I'll wait for the final verdict but it sounds exhausting. I vote pedicures for us this week...what do you think?

Heather said...

Absolutely!!! You name the time and place and let's get together!!! :)