Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stim Check in #2

I think my song totally worked. We went back to the doctor yesterday morning, I had blood work and an ultrasound done.

My Estradiol jumped up to 374 which is awesome. I also saw that my follies are growing, and are still small but definitely getting bigger. I have noticed that I can "feel" them more (just like how I felt they were huge on clomid, they are definitely noticeable now - but don't hurt). The RE said that they like to check and make sure that not only 1 follie is eating up all of the hormones from the meds. Mine are all growing pretty well. In my right ovary two follies are slightly larger which is something to watch but I was assured it is normal and they aren't too large.

The nurse said that since I have so many 'candidates' in my ovaries they want to be extra careful with my dosage - this is the reason that they lowered my meds and had me "make it up" in the evening after my check in last time. Not because I wasn't stimulating but because they can't take back the meds in case I was stimulating too fast.

My levels were great and so I didn't have to make up the dosage yesterday. I also took my last shot of menopur - HOORAY! I hated that drug so much. Now I move on to a lower dose of Follistim twice a day until the trigger date - hopefully that will be on Saturday.

How crazy is it that this month has flown by? A week from today I could know how many eggs fertilized! WOW!

I go back in tomorrow morning at 7am to see how we're looking, here's to hoping my little follies keep stimulating. Back to the song for good luck :)

No comments: