Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stim Check #3

Wednesday’s doctor visit went pretty well. Ultrasound and blood work – the usual drill. My u/s showed that my follies have grown but their average size is still 10-11, and we need to get them much bigger (about 18 average size) before I can trigger, retrieve and fertilize. I am confused though, because my estraidol is getting high, currently it is at 827 but the follies aren't really growing. So it is definitely doubling every few days which is good news, as the doctor looks for continual growth. I think this is because I have so many follies, my estriadol needs to be much higher than normal. However I do know that the higher my estriadol goes the more chance for hyperstimulation. Who knows, I’ll ask the doctor tomorrow morning.

My dosage was lowered, now I’m only at 75 units of follistim twice a day. One of the doctors in the clinic told me that he thought I’d have to push out our retrieval day a bit, since my follies are still little and we need to stimulate them for longer. This is definitely expected in my case as high FSH pateients often are very hard to stimulate. So far I haven’t been that bad, no red flags. We’ll see how tomorrow goes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re at the right size, since I made good progress overnight last time. Wishful thinking…

My ovaries are definitely growing, I can’t even sit without pain in my right and left side. It’s uncomfortable but I also like knowing that the meds are doing something. So far I’ve been really lucky and haven’t had many side effects. The major ones are always being hungry and thirsty, weight gain and a few mood swings. Nothing bad (or so I think – perhaps DH has a different opinion).

My next visit is tomorrow morning at 9:30 am. Hopefully my follies are around the 18 mark, but that is a stretch I think. I am ready for this part to be over and make some embryos!!!

Maybe another round of my “stim song” will do the trick. More tomorrow…

No comments: