Well we did it, completed our first set of shots without any major disaster. And honestly the buildup was much worse than the actual act - go figure.(Stock photography photo to the right. Not of me. This is the area/needle size/units of meds we use though for reference.)
We have to do this the same time every morning (within one hour at best) so I set an alarm for 6:30am, of course my internal clock woke me up with a pounding heart at 5:40 am. So I practiced my breathing technique, calmed down and got up and completely disinfected the kitchen (only the surrounding surface needs to be clean). I set everything out and woke up DH. At 7am I was finally ready... lol.
I iced my injection area to numb it, then used an alcohol swab to clean the area. We prepared the shot and after my tummy was dry I pinched the area, grabbed Winnie the Pooh, leaned against the counter (after walking around trying to find the best place to be for my shot) and closed my eyes.
DH asked "are you ready" and I squeezed my eyes closed and said "I guess". After talking over what we were going to do (inject at 90 degrees, hold for a second, push the meds in and after counting to three pull it out) DH leaned down and said "OK". Waited a few seconds (I still had my eyes closed) and he did it!
Honestly I only felt the needle pinching and going in, the rest was fine. Now I have a bit of cramping and a small hole but that is it. Next time I told DH he can put the needle in a bit faster. We have to rotate the injection site, first time on the right tomorrow on the left.
I'm so glad the anxiety of the first shot is over - honestly it isn't intolerable.
2 comments:
im proud of you. you are braver than i will ever be. i love you
Fingers are like triple crossed. I'm sending positive vibes out.
Do you think you and Christian will go somewhere special during the peak conception time? It'd be fun if you went to like Salish Lodge or something. Mix it up a bit, you know.
And, if all else fails, I'll be your Baby Mama after July.
Post a Comment