Friday, April 4, 2008

And a healthy uterus makes three...

Okay so it makes room for three. I am anxiously awaiting my first IVF cycle. Anxious being the operative word.

Today I had my SHG and follicular ultrasound to make sure my baby oven is in good working order. And it is!!! I was so stressed out that this would be one of the last roadblocks we would face and we're through it. No fibroids, cysts and a healthy lining hooray! I also have 15-20 good sized follies in each ovary - which is great news. Hopefully next month I have just as many and better quality, so we can retrieve a good amount!!!

I am a bit frustrated by my RE though, I never see her! Another doctor in the office has done all of my procedures and u/s. I have only seen my RE for the initial consultation and the follow up. I am getting a bit annoyed and think that this doc should be my actual doctor since I know him better now!

This will be my last month charting since next month we graduate on to IVF. I am charting this month only to monitor ovulation. I have my trial transfer scheduled for April 29, exactly one week before AF is set to arrive. This is based on a 40 day cycle, and last month was 30 - so I need to monitor to make sure we reschedule the appointment sooner if my cycle is short. Oh the joy of an irregular cycle.

I can not wait to get started, more later...

No comments: