Tonight, DH and I had another, and IMO the most productive, talk about trying to get pg. I'm glad I finally got the guts to call the doc and schedule an appointment. I told DH about the appointment and he doesn't seem too freaked out about it - I expected him to sort of be uneasy about it. The only problem is it is a 2 month wait to see the doc! I guess this could be a blessing in disguise - we'll have 2 more cycles to try and 'get it right' naturally. I'm going to try every trick in the book. :) DH is excited about the 'more trying'.
I finally got a solid answer that he's on board with actually trying and really wants a family now. In the past I've felt like it's me trying and DH along for the ride. I feel so less stressed having all of my IF worries out in the open. He agrees that he'd rather know about any IF problems and work with them - then keep trying 'naturally' and have a medical condition that would totally inhibit our chances.
I still don't feel like I can talk to my friends about it though. None of them are in the same place as me - and they're definitely not trying for kids now. One of my friends makes me feel stupid for trying. She thinks we're too young to have a family. I can't explain it to her - but I don't feel young and I'm definitely ready. My other friends were just recently married. I think I could talk to them about it but I'm worried that I'm going to have IF issues. Not that I'd be embarrassed. But mostly I'm worried that I'll find out they're TTC too and they'll get pg before me and I'll be devastated. Granted, I would be happy if they were to get pg - but we've been trying for a year longer than anyone I know and it would just be hard.
This month I'm going to start charting my temp along with the usual CM and OPK testing. We're also going to try a few different BD strategies in the hopes that it will help. In the back of my mind I can't help but hope that I'll get pg before my appointment with the OBGYN. Wishful thinking never hurt anyone... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment