Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Cycle #13 recap...

I'm officially out of my fertile stage this cycle and in the 2ww. Here's my cycle recap:

-Temps got off to a rough start, they were all over the place and very low. I didn't start temping right away either. ((Whoops))

-Temps finally went up on CD 15 and on CD 17 my cover line was drawn.

- I tested using OPKs and got two positives and a negative. The O date was originally on CD 16. I still wasn't convinced I had O'd though since we've had so many failed cycles.

-Then my temps dropped so I knew for sure I hadn't O'd on the original date. I decided to remove "use OPK's" as an option to determine ovulation. Then my O date shifted to CD 17. Of course I made this change after the fact and we didn't BD that day (because we were out of town) so I got nervous - but we had within 24 hours.

-After that my temps looked weird and finally peaked above the cover line on CD 22. Because of this delay in temp spike I wasn't sure my O date was right. A few days later the temp was still up there, so I chose to only use temps when determine O in my software. That was when the O date was drawn on CD 21. Luckily we had randomly BD'd the day before on CD 20. It was really exciting to see the red dots - and a confirmed O. This eliminates a few things that could be wrong. At least I know (of course there could be a chance this is wrong) that I do ovulate given the signs.

-My temps stayed above the cover line for a bit - now it's dipped below so I think my body is gearing up for AF to arrive. I had hoped that my temps would stay up and spike to show a triphasic chart but that hasn't happened. I think there is still some hope - but not a ton.

Based on using the temp only approach (which seems to be the most accurate) I don't think we planned BD very well and the chances aren't that good this cycle. I will definitely use temps only in the future so we continue to BD during my fertile time and not miss the opportunity like we did this cycle.

This cycle I have had very sore BB's and it started much earlier than I can remember in past cycles. I've been really hungry all the time and when I lay down at night I get sick feeling and burp a lot. I keep telling myself that it's because I ate too much but i don't feel sick before I lay down. Here's to hoping these 'signs' are good news!!!

Overall, I still have some hope - maybe 13 is my lucky number. :) I am going to wait until Friday/Saturday to use a HPT - that way I will be passed 10 DPO (using the last O date). But who knows when I really O'd - it depends which signs I'm using. It's really frustrating, I guess it just goes to show it's not really an exact science. I really hope this is our month, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Send me some BABY DUST!

No comments: