What a crazy cycle!!! I'm beginning to get really, really, really frustrated. I don't want to lose hope but nothing is going right. So much for the positive thinking huh?
Here's the scoop: I am supposed to be in my fertile phase. CD 17-21 with an estimated O date of CD 19. This whole week I've been spotting. Light to dark brown CF. Very off my typical pattern. I've had all 'sticky' CF (when I can find any at all) and it's been all discolored. (TMI I know... sorry) So far all negative OPKs and my temp hasn't gone above the cover line once. It's also been a lot lower than what TCOYF considers normal. Yesterday and today I've also had bad lower abdomen pains lasting all day and worse when I walk, sneeze, bend down or stretch. Who knows what that means.
I am probably stretching but it seems that the spotting was happening after I took my prenatal vitamins - is that even possible? I don't think that would cause spotting but it's worth noting so I can remember to tell my doctor. I also noticed heavier (and reddish) spotting and clots after BD-ing this month. I'm thinking that this cycle is officially a bust. At first when I had 2-3 days of spotting I thought it could be ovulation spotting; but when it kept going and TCOYF said I should see a doctor I ruled that out and started to lose hope.
I called the doctor and spoke to the nurse. She didn't seem too concerned and said I should just schedule an annual exam since I'm behind a bit. She tried to schedule me for a month out. I guess I'll just wait for the new insurance to kick in and we can address the infertility in one visit.
Based on what I know there are two likely options from this cycle's symptoms: either I O later in my cycle than most women; or I'm not o-ing at all and am having anovulatory cycles. I'm hoping it's the former and I can still get pg this cycle. However, if I do O later in my cycle than most women that means my LP is too short for implantation. O-ing at day 19 would give me a 14 day LP; and any day past would cause a cycle with less than a 9 day LP which is considered too short for implantation. It also seems that I have very low progesterone (causing the low temps, and short LP).
The good news is if i'm not O-ing I can be put on infertility drugs like Clomid. If I have a short LP I can also be put on infertility drugs (most likely some kind of hormone).
There is still a chance I could have a serious condition like PCOS, Endometriosis, PID... the list goes on and on. We could also be dealing with some male factor infertility on top of my crazy body signs. I think for sure there is a female factor here due to my crazy cycles, the spotting, low temps this month and all the negative OPKs.
We'll still have to wait until January to find out if I'm not pg by then so my insurance will cover it.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment