Thursday, November 1, 2007

GREAT NEWS!!!

Follow up to my insurance change & doctor appointment cancellation...

After I changed my insurance, I was able to find out all the hospitals and health centers around my area that will take my new insurance starting January. I wanted to get my ducks in a row to have a plan since I had to cancel my current appointment.

I found the NW Center for Reproductive Health - so I called to find out if I needed a doctor referral, when they were accepting new patients and how long the wait would be.

What I learned was all good news. First it is a health care team dedicated to reproductive health, they are all RE's and are dedicated to finding and treating the cause not symptoms of infertility. I was ecstatic to learn this because it's been my fear that I would go in, be placed on drugs, and still have no answers and not get pg.

Also, I don't need a referral, they are accepting new patients and there is no wait!!! My current appointment took 2 months to get. This place could get me in next week if I wanted. Really great news. The only downside is they don't have the January calendar out yet so I have to call back mid December to make an appointment for Jan - when I will have insurance to cover.

The woman on the phone was really nice and added me as a new patient so when I call back in January I won't have any problems!

I never thought I would be excited about getting a doctor appointment. I really feel good about it and know that by January if I'm not pg then there will be a plan to get us there! I really feel lucky that we get this opportunity and am hopeful we won't need to utilize it but if we do I feel optimistic that it will work to get us pg.

No comments: